Saturday, August 8, 2015

Amazing 25th Birthday

Exactly, 25 years ago today, approximately 3:30 am my loving mother gave birth to a beautiful baby girl name Margarita. This girl turned out to be a lovely, smart, nice and loyal young woman. Blessed for my mother for having me and for GOD for sending me to two wonderful people who I'm proud to call mom and dad.



That's right, today is an especial occasion in my life, the day that I turn 25 years old and no, I'm not freaking out because I'll be 30 in five years. It's amazing that a quarter of my life is over, and it doesn't feel like it. Within the last year, a lot of things happened to me, I grew closer to God and Jesus Christ, I got my driver's license and I finally know what I want in life. For some people it takes to reach rock bottom to realize what their truth path in life is and apparently I was one of those people. Being 24 was an awesome adventure and now let's see what being 25 is all about. 

Most people didn't know that today was my birthday, the reason behind that is that I'm a very reserve person (and I know that's a bad thing) and I don't like sharing my birthday to everyone. Let's face it, most people now in days, thanks to social media such Facebook we are reminded when someone's birthday, and I'm not saying that it's bad in fact it's good for some people. But people, like me, a birthday is shared with family and friends who are close with, someone who takes the time to call or text them happy birthday. If you were one of those people who knew my birthday without a Facebook notification, well you must be an important person in my life because those who remember someone's birthday on plain memory are people one must cherish. That's one of the reasons that I hide my birthday from my social media for most of the day, it's not that I don't want anyone to wish me a happy birthday but I just want to see who really knows me and cares enough to remember my birthday. 

Anyhow, today was an amazing day, and I could not have wished for a better birthday. One of the few people who amazed me today was my mom. Today, when I woke up this morning, my mom wants doing her Saturday morning chores and I looked at her and said 'Good Morning, mom'. She smiled and said Good Morning back. Uh. I thought. Usually the morning of my birthday she would hug me and say Happy Birthday, however today was different. No Happy Birthday or nothing related, all morning she remained like that. Later on in the morning, my dad called me to tell me Happy Birthday and then my sister told me, but nothing from my mom. It kind of bothered me that she didn't say anything, but it went away. 

Around 1 or so, I had told my sister about how Starbucks had a birthday reward, getting any size drink free on your birthday so I asked her to take me to get my drink. While we were out, she asked if we could make some few stops, so before Starbucks we went to Target. After getting my Venti Iced Caramel Macchiatto (of course I had to take advantage the any size option), my sister and I went to Best Buy in Downey. After having spent 2 hours in the street with my sister, we finally arrived back home... to find out that our little adventure was a set up and it was a distraction. I walked into the kitchen and realized my mom had set up a birthday table just for me. 

Balloons were set up around the table, a sign saying Happy Birthday Maggie with Mickey and Minnie mouse ears was on the wall, a Letter silver M in the center piece along with two mason jars decorated as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I was honestly speechless, I could not believe that my parents planned this to me. I was not expecting this. 

I'll be posting pictures of my gifts tomorrow on Instagram (lovely_maggie21). I'm beyond happy and I want to thank God for allowing me to having the best parents a girl could have and of course my sister who helped my mom by distracting me. 

Margarita Hernandez 11:00pm



No comments:

Post a Comment