Saturday, March 28, 2015

La Seleccion Mexicana in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES, CA- 


The Mexican National Team kicked off its 13th annual U.S Tour in Los Angeles, CA with a matchup against Ecuador at the historic Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Saturday, March 28. After this match, they will face Paraguay on March 31st in Kansas City; for these encounters, Mexico just like their rivals will use their best players since these teams are preparing for major tournaments such as CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015 and Copa America 2015. 

La Seleccion Mexicana in Los Angeles?!? 


When I first heard that the Mexican National Team would be coming to LA back in early February, I thought then I would have the opportunity to see my favorite players like  Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez and Hector Moreno. But as the date got closer, I realized that I was not going to be able to attend the game due to economic hardships. I knew that it was not everyday we see the Mexican National Team in Los Angeles and it was once in a lifetime opportunity, well maybe not a "once in a life time", I'm sure that they will be back one day. 

UCLA North Athletic Field


Most of the Mexican National players arrived in Los Angeles on Sunday night, while the others arrived the next day. Even though I had no chance is attending the game, I knew there was another way I could see my favorite players. So, I investigated where the team had planned to practice and found out that they were in UCLA North Athletic field. For a slight second, I jumped for joy because I had the opportunity not only to see them practice but also the chance to meet them each player. But
after Wednesday, I had a feeling that I was not going to get the opportunity to see them because how far of distance it was from my house and I had no transportation to get there. However, through the use of Instagram and using the hastags, #ucla #seleccionmexicana #mexico, I scrolled down pages of pictures and videos of people who were taking pictures with Moreno, Herrera, Chicarito, Dos Santos and among others. 

(Left to right): Corona, Herrera, Ayala, Reyes, Moreno
Dos Santos, Vazquez, Aguilar, Guardado, Layun, Hernandez


Game Day 

The line-up for tonight's game was: (1-5-3-2)

Goalkeeper: Jesus Corona
Defense: Paul Aguilar, Hugo Ayala, Diego Reyes, Miguel Layun, Hector Moreno
Mid-Field: Hector Herrera, J.J Vazquez, Andres Guardado
Strikers: Giovanni Dos Santos, Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez


Truly, it was a miracle that Mexico won today's game, and despire the goal from el Chicharito, there were several defensive and midfield problems that should be fixed before summer. Mexico needs to have more control of the ball and the players need more communication between them.

Player of the Match would be Mexico's Jose de Jesus Corona, the goalie, not only he prevented a tied on the penalty in favor of Ecuador but also several attempts of goals during the game. I had my doubts of his capacity in the net but after tonight's game I have no doubt he's a good contender for being the goalie of the Mexican National team. Don't get me wrong, I love Memo Ochoa and have been his fan for years but I think it's time to give someone else a chance.

Overall, I enjoyed the game but I would have been great if I was there but too bad.

Let's see how Mexico places against Paraguay on Tuesday. The line-up for Tuesday's game will change do to the departure of some of the players that are needed in Europe.


Here is a picture taken by a fanatic of the LA Coliseum:





No comments:

Post a Comment